Artistic Mission Statement
The Elmer lseler Singers perform and promote outstanding choral music with inspiration, innovation, passion, leadership and creativity. We are a Canadian professional chamber choir performing choral music at its highest level for audiences in Toronto, provincially, nationally and internationally.
We hold a passion for education, inclusion and social justice in presenting music which will bring people together through the power of choral music.
The Elmer lseler Singers’ purpose is to be a leader in the development of professionalism in choral music in Canada for the betterment of communities, through participation and performance, enhancing lives through singing. The organization’s goal is to accomplish this by:
- Performing great music at the highest level which will inspire both the singers and our audiences
- Offering opportunities to hear choral music of the highest quality through live performances in Toronto, in Ontario, in other parts of Canada and internationally
- Seeking the creation of new works for performances in both the Canadian and international choral arenas
- Providing educational opportunities for emerging professional singers and conductors
- Partnering with recording companies, music publishers and other arts organizations
The Elmer lseler Singers organization was incorporated under the laws of the Province of Ontario as a not-for-profit professional 20-voiced chamber choir on November 1, 1979 (Charitable Registration Number 11923 1405 RR0001 ). It was founded and conducted by Dr. Elmer lseler with permanent membership on a year-round basis. It is governed by a Board of Directors of up to 12 members which includes arts representatives, community and business leaders from the legal, financial, and educational fields and has professional administration. The organization is a conscientious community leader which supports equity, diversity and inclusiveness.